Physical injuries, surgeries, diseases, emotional trauma and chronic stress can cause your body’s connective tissue to stick and bind together.
These bound up areas are known as restrictions because they limit and restrain the movement and pliability of your body’s fabric of connective tissue, known as fascia. Due to restrictions, your body is unable to function as it was designed to. However, your body will make every effort to operate by making the necessary compensations. Over time, as your body continues to adapt, the effects from restrictions may lead to pain and dysfunction in other areas of your body, including the brain and spinal cord.
Here is another way to look at the importance of this process:
- All body systems are regulated by the central nervous system
- The central nervous system consists of the brain and spinal cord
- The craniosacral system consists of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround, protect and nourish the brain and spinal cord
- Restrictions in your fascia can distort the craniosacral system, thereby affecting the function of the central nervous system
So, what is it?
CranioSacral Therapy (“CST”) is a gentle, light-touch approach that releases restrictions deep within the body to relieve pain and dysfunction, and improve whole-body health and performance. CST
- is extremely gentle and noninvasive, making it suitable for people of all ages
- encourages your body’s natural ability to heal – no changes are forced
- restores and balances the central nervous system while releasing the effects of stress, injury, and trauma
- results in a deep calm and healing within the whole body
What is a therapy session like? You remain fully clothed and are made comfortable on my massage table. During treatment, I place my hands on various points of your body to locate restrictions in the motion and rhythm of the craniosacral system. Gentle techniques are then used to release restrictions in any affected tissues of your body.
Release and Unwind. Your body will naturally let go and unwind restrictions that have been stuck, trapped, or locked within. Many clients feel heat, tingling, or sensations in a part of the body removed from the area being treated. Some clients feel lighter, or immediately free of pain. You may even drift off in blissful sleep!
Healing is a process and it continues over a period of time as the body, mind, spirit, and emotions adapt to a new normal. Therapy results vary with each person and each session, and the number of sessions necessary to treat similar disorders also varies from person to person.
Please take the next step and read my clients’ Testimonials